a poet and a thinker...

Saturday 22 March 2014

DESTINIA

Lady luck, and how she plays...

DESTINIA

Stronger, alone, she stood gazing
At a distant sun, setting, fading
Holding onto the bark set firm yet free
The mighty arm of a Mango tree

“Why you look lost, dear child, to me?”
“Life is tricky, O! Dear old tree.”
“LIFE IS AN OCCASION, IT SHALL BUT HAPPEN!”
“Give me strength to struggle,go forth, then...

Behind that boulder, look at that lake
Hear out its story, then judge for my sake
Nothin but a hole muddy it ever was
And now! It blossoms, no time to pause.

One day long ago as I strolled happy as I'd be
I saw it, "true", yet I fell. Silly.
But the hole had cried its songs and wails
‘No birds would visit, no boats would sail’

With water from tears of joy and sorrow
I filled it with a life, a new tomorrow
Like a sister, a friend, a child dear
I made it a lake and it grew so near
to my heart, that wicked, thorny bush!
Wicked Destinia who smirked as she jeered ‘push’.”

“ ‘Alas! You innocent fool’ I could say,
That ‘you are a child’ or that ‘there'd be a day’
But here, in my leaves rusty, take my voice.
SEEK ONLY A MELODY, LEAVE OUT THE NOISE.”

A hundred lovely rusty leaves shed.
Wide eyed, she looked on as her heart still bled.
Little elves emerged as the leaves burst
together they crooned “To the lake first.”

She got picked by the wind, her locks flew
like silky tassels and before she knew
she saw the lake, a perfect round,
with a million lotuses all around.
Leaves glossy sprawled across like dew
The placid lake showed the night sky new
And as shone a million galaxies,
from the pearly drops emerged the pixies-
glittering, scattering stardust bright
as they hopped off from leaves, towards the light
their tiny feet pushed down a little
the lotus leaves and many a ripple
in the starry soup, glittering patterns made
as the night got magical, ceasing to fade.

Hovering dumbstruck, she gazed without a fight
as on she looked, mouth open in delight.
“Unaware of Destinia, little child, you are.
Look at your painting, a shining star!
You may dislike it, but life is divine.
SOME MAKE YOU SPARKLE, YOU MAKE SOME SHINE!
Created by Destinia's will alone, true,
A BRUSH OWNS NO PAINT, AND NEITHER WILL YOU.
Those little fairies! Look at them dance.
Do they know their birth is a destined chance?
They may dance for you, for me, for all
They may grow glitters on a dull night wall.

Some woods in this world, if not your heart,
would thank Destinia for your unknown part,
as they shall shine by this loving deed hence
keep no grudges and do no sins!

EACH WORD YOU SPEAK, IS A SONG SHE WROTE.
SHE MADE YOU FALL, SHE MADE YOU FLOAT.”
-Mx








1 comment: