a poet and a thinker...

Monday 31 March 2014

QUICKSAND

Quicksand

Stuck in a pond of sand so quick,
The more I strive the less I know.
May I rather lie peacefully,
So I'd be at peace, where ever then i go?

I am a cloud, aloft, above
I fly above the land I see
The land is green and brown and plush
so full of flowers and buzzing bees
Above a pond , I see myself
as the ripples tickle me and play,
Yet the pond so fair but so far
is how far I can barely sway.

A tiny blade of grass on earth
in summer its the rain I yearn
blazes the sun so scorching sad
parched I am distressed in turn
yet each morn rises the sun
each morn I wake up for the dew,
Its my share of the rain I make
each morn, I shine so new

Stuck in a pond of sand so quick,
The more I strive the less I know.
yet strive, nevertheless, though peacefully
for the seeds of my destiny only I can sow.
-mx

No comments:

Post a Comment