a poet and a thinker...

Saturday 22 February 2014

SHEPHERD

Kill me but death could be a respite
Let me live, if you wish, for your delight
but when you look, look at me, not through
For people look upto things but I look upto you
I may have erred but I am a child, old
I may seem evil but my heart is gold
And if I loose my dreams, I will find one new,
It captures the sun, I will capture the dew.
But when the flame that melts a candle is gone
The candle is lost in a night with no dawn.
Like an orphan with no fingers to hold on to
I'd know no peace, no joy without you.
I tremble at the very thought of being so lonely.
Punish me but don't leave me with my puzzles only.
If only you'd mark the path I should choose,
my spirit shall remain free and I wouldn't loose
my righteousness, my truth, my soul,
I'd know the reason, I'd know my role.

In a cacophony if they hear a rhyme,
A child's cry, fills the heart with love each time.
And in this hustle when your sound is heard
To guide so, takes an excellent shepherd
A silly lamb, me! I see not far
without you, my shepherd, my guiding star

-Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment