a poet and a thinker...

Wednesday 22 January 2014

WHO AM I?

To those who work at home as well as outside,
who 'look after' even when they themselves need to be looked after,
who work as a father and serve as a mother;
who are a friend, a guide, a leader, a lover, often at the same time,
who are the sunshine in all the lives they touch, love the rains the summer the day and the night because of their ability to 'see' the good in everything and everyone...

To the most versatile, multitalented, multifaceted creation of God!

---------------------------------------

Who am I?

Not a sky with only one face onesided
Not a coin, in heads and tails divided

not the sea with only depths to fathom
not a star gullible, with a shine phantom

not a diamond cut, for someone, to please
not a river meant to fade in sands or seas

Not fire to die with its dying blaze
not a lover with one and only gaze

not kings who come and go away
not castles as ruins which stubbornly stay

I am the universe, the highs and lows
I have colors and lights and shadows

I shine, I shine on others and for them
I am spread in directions all ten

I am, a woman

-Mx

1 comment:

  1. awesome........very beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete