a poet and a thinker...

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Sting

Have you ever been a rebel?

Do we disagree with our parents because they would not let us be the "cool" popular person peer pressure pushes us to be? Well if we dont like it why should it be enforced, we might debate. So why do parents not concur? Is it because they want that 'traditions' be kept alive or simply out of safety concerns?

---------------------------------
STING

A tender rose, I sway, not far
I smile a sunny smile
I dance in the wind, in rainy shower
Never go beyond 'the mile'.

Said they, I have a silly stem
Said they it holds me, cruel
They say I am bright, I could shine at night
unfurl and win a duel

Said they, my thorn is sharp and stings
They think its a heartless snake
But hey, no ground is ever clean
Until it meets the rake!

In you, my stem and beloved thorn
I trust with my eyes shut tight
No mighty sun can bring us one
for stars, we need the night

You hold me close, dear mother, my stem
safe, dear father, you keep me
lest, in a day single, I'd wither and fade
Alone a rose, no can be!

-Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment