a poet and a thinker...

Friday 18 July 2014

BEREAVED

To all those beautiful people that we have lost and to all those strong souls left behind, alone....

BEREAVED

And where are you going away,
dear sun?
Stop! Wait for me.
I am coming too.
Take me where ever it is that you like
As I am only walking towards you
If you go darkness alone would prevail.
Not me.
I would be lost, paralysed.
A last glimmer of a tired lamp
Burning in the agony of loss.
Bereaved.
A last glimmer of a feeble hope.
A last ditch stand.
A final puff of wind within.
A last fragment of soul.
Bereaved.
-Mx

2 comments:

  1. I have been burning in the agony of loss this year my mom died. Your poem is like the ying yang of our lives. A lost glimmer indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so sorry for your loss. May she be at peace.
      Death is a rather sad reality of our lives...

      Delete